Hrvatska akreditacijska agencija (HAA)/Croatian Accreditation Agency
is an independent and non for profit public institution that acts as the national accreditation service in the Republic of Croatia.
HAA has been founded by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Croatia (OG 158/2004, 44/2005, 30/2010), based on the Law on Accreditation (OG 158/2003, 75/2009).
HAA was established in order to support implementation of the technical regulations which has been harmonized with the acquis communatauire of the European Union. Technical regulation prescribes the safety of products and free movement of goods on the internal market, citizens’ health protection, consumers’ protection, environment protection and other relevant public interest areas.
Conformity assessment of products, processes and services with technical regulations and standards are performed by professional and technically competent laboratories, certification and inspection bodies.
Accreditation is an internationally acknowledged tool for proving competence in carrying out conformity assessment activities.
Accredited bodies provide confidence in testing services, certification and inspection regardless services are provided for state administration (regulated area) or clients in accordance with the contract (voluntary area).
HAA is national accreditation body complying with all requirements of the international and European standard for accreditation bodies adopted in the Republic of Croatia as the Croatian Standard HRN EN ISO/IEC 17011: 2005.
Providing stabile and continuous work on the implementation of a valid (professional, impartial and independent) accreditation system in the Republic of Croatia in compliance with the European and international regulations.
HAA provides clients with high level of quality services and will thus enable approval of the results of testing, calibration, inspection, certification of products, persons, management systems and insure full integration into the international exchange of products, services and information.
Sustainable full membership in European and international accreditation organizations and valid and proactive representation of the Republic of Croatia in those organizations in order to constantly improve the competitive advantage of the Croatian economy.
- Accreditation of calibration laboratories (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Accreditation of testing laboratories (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Accreditation of medical laboratories (HRN EN ISO 15189)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for products (HRN EN 45011)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for quality management system (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17021)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for environment management system (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17021)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for personnel (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17024)
- Accreditation of inspection bodies (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17020)
- Accreditation of PT providers (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17043)
- Accreditation of GHG verifiers (HRN EN ISO 14065)
- Supervision of the accredited bodies
- Maintenance of e-Register of accredited bodies
- Technical support to the state administration bodies for the implementation of accreditation policies in the conformity assessment areas
- Concluding agreements on recognition of accreditation (MLA and MRA)
- Promotion of accreditation and education about accreditation