Hrvatska akreditacijska agencija (HAA)/Croatian Accreditation Agency
is an independent and non for profit public institution that acts as the national accreditation service in the Republic of Croatia.
HAA has been founded by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Croatia (OG 158/2004, 44/2005, 30/2010), based on the Law on Accreditation (OG 158/2003, 75/2009).
HAA was established in order to support implementation of the technical regulations which has been harmonized with the acquis communatauire of the European Union. Technical regulation prescribes the safety of products and free movement of goods on the internal market, citizens’ health protection, consumers’ protection, environment protection and other relevant public interest areas.
Conformity assessment of products, processes and services with technical regulations and standards are performed by professional and technically competent laboratories, certification and inspection bodies.
Accreditation is an internationally acknowledged tool for proving competence in carrying out conformity assessment activities.
Accredited bodies provide confidence in testing services, certification and inspection regardless services are provided for state administration (regulated area) or clients in accordance with the contract (voluntary area).
HAA is national accreditation body complying with all requirements of the international and European standard for accreditation bodies adopted in the Republic of Croatia as the Croatian Standard HRN EN ISO/IEC 17011: 2005.
High quality independent assessment of competence of conformity assessment activities to be recognized internationally in benefit of the Croatian economy and society
Recognition of the credibility of the Croatian accreditation system ensuring thus acceptance of Croatian conformity assessment system of products and services internationally
- Accreditation of calibration laboratories (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Accreditation of testing laboratories (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Accreditation of medical laboratories (HRN EN ISO 15189)
- Accreditation of inspection bodies (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17020)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for products (HRN EN 45011)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for quality management system (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17021)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for environment management system (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17021)
- Accreditation of certification bodies for personnel (HRN EN ISO/IEC 17024)
- Supervision of the accredited bodies
- Maintenance of e-Register of accredited bodies
- Technical support to the state administration bodies for the implementation of accreditation policies in the conformity assessment areas
- Concluding agreements on recognition of accreditation (MLA and MRA)
- Promotion of accreditation and education about accreditation